- Only abstracts submitted via official abstract submission email address: firstname.lastname@example.org will be considered.
- Abstracts submitted by post or fax will notbe considered.
- Abstract Submission Opening: 5th December 2018
- Abstract Submission Deadline: 25th March 2019
- Abstract Acceptance Notification: 1st April 2019
- Manuscript Submission Deadline: 21st May 2019
General Guidelines and Rules for Abstract Submission
- Abstracts can only and must be submitted via the official abstract submission email address: email@example.com
- The official language is English.
- Once you have made your submission, your abstract will be assigned an abstract number. Please refer to this abstract number in any further correspondence regarding your abstract submission.
- Authors whose abstracts are accepted for presentation (Oral & Poster) will be expected to attend the meeting and make their presentations. Notification of acceptance/rejection of abstracts will be emailed by 1st April 2019.
- Please kindly note that all poster and oral presenters who are included in the scientific programme can submit a manuscript for equal consideration in the Congress edition of Pediatric Surgery International.
- You are invited to submit your abstract on the following subjects:
-Inflammatory bowel disease
-Bowel motility disorders, chronic constipation, faecal incontinence
-Pediatric surgical research on bowel diseases
-Clinical cases for clinical case discussion
- Eligibility: Abstracts submitted should be related to the topics as shown above. They must include data with clear descriptions of results and conclusions.
- Identifying Features: The selection process will be blinded for author and center and an objective system will be used for marking. The names of authors and their affiliations (institutions) will be included online when you submit your abstract, but will be removed before the marking process. No identifying features such as the names of authors, hospitals, medical schools, clinics or cities should be listed in the title or the text of the abstract. Abstracts containing such information will not be accepted.
- Abstracts should be structured in four parts:
-Aim of the Study
- Each abstract should be no more than 250 words. Including tables, figures and graphs, the abstract should not exceed the template, which covers one page of A4. A maximum of two tables, figures or graphs will be accepted.
- Please choose your preferred presentation style from the list below:
-Clinical case report session (oral)
Submission and Review Process
- In order to submit your abstracts use the official abstract submission email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- After submitting, you will receive an email with your abstract number.
- If you have not received the above mentioned email into your inbox, then please check your spam/junk folder to make sure that it has not gone in there by mistake. If the email is neither in your inbox nor spam/junk folder, please kindly contact us to let us know.
- If you are submitting more than one abstract, you can use the same email address for each abstract.
- If you want to edit an abstract that you have previously submitted, or if you want to withdraw an abstract, please contact us via official abstract submission email address: email@example.com
- PLEASE DO NOT RESUBMIT YOUR ABSTRACT.
- We will notify authors by email regarding acceptance or rejection of their abstracts by 1st April 2019.Therefore, please ensure that you have provided us with your correct email address. The submitting author is responsible for informing us of any e-mail address changes.
Clinical Case Report Session
- The purpose of the Clinical Case Report Session is to encourage everybody to submit interesting case reports for discussion.
- The reports will be presented orally and there will be time for discussion.
- If you would like to present during the Clinical Case Report Session, please make sure to select it when making your presentation preference via the official abstract submission email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Publication of Accepted Abstracts
- All accepted abstracts will be included in the official PCC26 Abstract book which will be distributed to all Congress participants.
Manuscript submission for publication
- The Journal of Pediatric SurgeryInternational will normally have first choice for publication for those abstracts which have been presented at the Congress.
- Authors of accepted abstracts (oral and poster presentations) will be expected to submit manuscripts for consideration.
- The Publication Committee will decide which manuscripts are accepted for publication in the congress issue.
- All authors selected to present an Oral or Poster may submit a manuscript for consideration for publication in Journal of Pediatric Surgery International. Manuscripts (which should be prepared in the style used in Journal of Pediatric Surgery International) must be received no later than 21st May 2019 by Secretary of the Scientific Committee for evaluation at the following email address: email@example.com
- Instruction for Authors can be found here.
- Please note that rejected abstracts of the congress which were not presented will be allowed to be submitted to the journal in the conventional way.
- Deadline for receipt of manuscripts is May 21st , 2019
- Please submit your manuscripts electronically to Secretary of the Scientific Committee of Journal of Pediatric SurgeryInternational or contact him for further information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Questions concerning abstract submission and manuscript submission or the scientific content of the meeting should be directed to the Secretary of the Scientific Committee, by email at email@example.com